Epilogue page 4

By , March 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Well, folks...this is it.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me. It's been a real pleasure. To know that I have helped many of you feel less alone is the greatest feeling in the world. And to everyone who submitted artwork for the book  - they were all amazing. Thank you all. You are the greatest and I couldn't ask for better readers. :)

I just sent the book off to the printer today. Watch this space for updates on when it will be available, as well as news about my next project DEBUG.

25 comments on “Epilogue page 4

1. Brilliant!! I found the story a few months ago and have been checking back often to find out what happens. Really brilliantly told. Congratulations on the completion!!! I look forward to whatever you have in store next!

2. Lianne on said:

Just wanted to say what an amazing comic this has been. Congratulations on putting something exceptional into the world! I look forward to seeing your next project.

3. Just-A-Lurker on said:

This is a beautifully drawn and written story. An epitome of comics.

I cannot say anymore. :)

4. Like-Minded on said:

I found this comic a few months back, and I have to say… I cried. A lot. Because this guy went through a lot of hard stuff that I too have been struggling with. I’m not better yet like he is, but reading this and seeing him get better really is a confidence boost for me. I’ve always wanted to say something but I never knew when I should. Now seems like a good time, So Thank you. Thank you for giving me some hope.

5. You’re so very welcome…hang in there. *hugs*

6. Like-Minded on said:

7. Kieran on said:

I loved this comic very much, and I am wondering if you are starting any new projects soon. I love your artwork and I love that you adress mental health, something that and I and many artist struggle with, yet that we hardly ever see art focused on. Hope you keep making amazing things and sharing them with us.

8. admin on said:

Thank you so much. :) I’m going to do a short mini for SPX in September before I start my next large-ish project – which will either be something called DEBUG or something I’m calling “Scott McCloud’s ‘Making Comics’ For Kids.” After that I’ll probably do a spiritual sequel of sorts to LSA, with different characters.

9. Luke on said:

A really, really, great piece of work. I don’t know if it’s out yet, but if I ever find it, I’ll definitely buy it.

10. admin on said:

Thank you so much :) I’m still trying to figure out how to have them available via this site – trying to sort out some issues with shipping costs etc. But if all goes according to plan it will be available in bookstores and comic shops in October.

11. Poomex on said:

As a person that has been to a mental institution once, I really must say that this was awesome. In Poland we have separate hospitals for teenagers, so I’ve met many people that had this sort of problems. I’m still friends with many of them. The way you depict what goes through the mind of a psychotic really helps me understand what some my fellow crazies went through. And I love the use of colours and metaphors, you are a master.

12. jacob on said:

I think it’s really refreshing to know that other people have gone through the same stuff I’m going through. I didn’t do the whole delusion thing, but the depression and anger is something I know quite well.
    Thank you for writing this amazing webcomic.

13. admin on said:

Thank YOU for reading! :)

14. PhiloStudent on said:

Wow. I just found this today, and read it from start to finish. It’s absolutely brilliant!! Thank you so much for sharing this with the world. I’ve never had a psychotic break, but I’ve been hopitalised for depression and continue to cope with mental health issues to this day. This is such a creative, open, and honest take on the experience. I’d love to give this to anyone who has a friend or family member that’s grappling with mental illness; you’ve captured the first-person experience of it so well, I think it would be an eye-opener to those who’ve never been there. I’ve already recommended this on fb to everyone I know. I cannot even begin to say how glad I am that I found your work.

Thank you so much, once again. A truly stunning piece of work.

15. I just read about this comic from io9 website and was thoroughly interested. So I read the whole deal within one sitting, it was that compelling. A great piece of work indeed and also a huge eye-opener.
    I suffer from some form of bipolar too and I could relate on soooo many things you’ve addressed in your comic, although I’ve never been hospitalized. Last pages made me cry of course, because I’m a huge crybaby and because they struck a chore.
    It is very inspiring to see someone draw something this well, write something this well about feelings that to most are very difficult to express. And to do it so easily reletable, I do have to applaud for that as well and many, many other things – the work on the whole!

All the way from Finland, thank you and keep up the good work!

16. Thank you so much for this. I feel so crazy and f’ed up and reading this has made me feel so much better, so much less alone.

17. My pleasure, glad it was helpful. <3

18. Abby Notterman on said:

What a great read. Is it available in print anywhere? If so, please let me know how I can get a copy ASAP.
    thanks

19. This really touched me. I just gave my dad a copy of the book. I don’t think he ever understood me and I could never explain. I do thank you.

20. First, as I’ve said elsewhere, this is the best depiction of being bipolar I’ve ever seen. Nothing else comes close. Still, I find the ending a little ambiguous. Maybe the epilogue is all we need to see, but as a bipolar person myself there are things I’m interested in knowing.
    The big thing I want to know is if Jeremy ever went back on meds, or did he learn to live with his ups and downs without them? Does he even still have ups and downs? Maybe these are things we’re not supposed to know (after all they’re not in the story).
    Despite these questions, I’m glad Jeremy got to have a happy resolution.

21. Thank you and I’m glad I was successful in my depiction. :) I would guess that he does go back on meds – though not forever. I stayed on lithium for probably a good 18 months after my breakdown.

22. I had a friend in high school who had pretty severe mental issues, complete with psychotic delusions. He got the help he needed and is now a successful family man, and completely medication free! This story reminded me of him in many good ways. Thank you!

23. Allison Hill (@Alli893) on said:

I actually just read the entirety of this comic in one sitting. I couldn’t stop reading! And your art is fantastic! Thanks for the ride :)

24. Vas Littlecrow Wojtanowicz on said:

I just finished reading your work and I am absolutely impressed with it. Thank you for creating such a wonderful story.

25. flaming matchstick on said:

For some reason I actually find this part the most depressing of the whole comic. After all those psycadelic pages and crazy delusions he’s just living a normal boring life, much more mentally stable but rather dull.

Great comic, I could really relate to it.